The history of the circus art of Ukraine begins with the IX century. Wandering artists entertained the audience until 1797. That year the Kontraktovaya Fair, was transported from Dubno to Kiev what led to the emergence of “booths” and “circus-columns”. They built them out with cheap boards and old boxes. This method of construction made the booths look like ordinary sheds. Inside there stood benches in several rows for wealthy spectators, and behind them was a fence specially for the standing places of the “poor peasants”. In the center of the arena was the pillar, which supported the canopy from the canvas.